Announcing Golden Hills International’s First Ever
Golden Hills International (GHI) is calling on all international students to enter our first short-video contest. We are looking for original short videos that showcase “International Student Life”. Create a fun video showing your best moments, your friends, your favorite activity/hangout, most memorable experience or any other situation that symbolizes your time at Golden Hills.
The contest will run from February 13, 2018, through to April 1, 2018. The winner will be announced April 15, 2018.
The contest is open to all 2017-2018 international students attending school at Golden Hills full-time or part-time.
- Video length is 1 to 1 ½ minutes (maximum)
- Videos will be judged on how well they address the theme, the quality of the production and your creativity. Videos can be music videos, skits, documentaries, spoken poem or commercial and submitted as an mp4 video file.
- One submission per student please.
- Ensure any other students in your video have signed FOIPED forms with the school or the International office. If you are including anybody outside of the school such as homestay parents/children, you need to have a signed Consent to Photograph/Video form from them. These forms can be found on the GHSD International website www.ghsd-international.com under Documents.
All video submissions must be respectful and courteous and in English. You are fully responsible for everything that you submit, and all videos are intended for the general public.
Videos will not be accepted if they are:
- offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or abusive
- racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or have life-threatening content
- serious, unproven, supported or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene or pornographic content
- content that encourages or suggests illegal activity
- announcements, solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any organizations and agencies
- attempts to defame or defraud any individual, group or agency
- unintelligible or irrelevant content
All footage, including music, images etc. must be originally created material or you must obtain proper legal permission to use someone else’s copyrighted material. Or HAVE MORE FUN and make your own music and movie effects with UJAM at www.ujam-studio.com IT’S FREE!!
Videos must be posted to Google Classroom by noon (12 p.m.) April 1, 2018.
Post a Video
To enter the contest, post a 1-1 ½ minute video using Google Classroom with the following instructions:
Part 1: How to get into Google Classroom:
- Type Google Classroom into the google search menu.
- A list of your classes will show up. In the top right corner, there is a "+" plus symbol. Click on it and a pop-up box will open prompting you to enter the code. Enter in code kv2hm3e. This will allow you to join the International Video Contest classroom.
Part 2: How to post your video
- Open the Upload Videos assignment.
- Click on add, a drop-down box with three options will appear: Google Drive, Link or File.
- Choose which option you will be taking your video file from.
Google Drive: This will open your Google Drive box then select the file you want to upload.
Link: his is if the video is already up on the internet, such as YouTube. This option shouldn't be used though as the file shouldn't be uploaded anywhere else.
File: This will be a file taken from your computer or hard drive. The prompt will ask you to drag files to the window or you can select files from your computer.
- Once the file is there hit Upload/Add.
- Once it has uploaded then hit SUBMIT!
If you have any questions regarding posting or formatting your video, you can contact Andrea (Andy) Roberts from our International office at 403-361-0953.
Use of videos
By participating in the contest, you agree that videos submitted may be used by Golden Hills School Division and Golden Hills International for purposes of promotion, advertising, and written and electronic documentation.
We are very appreciative of the outstanding effort and creativity that goes into your short-video entry. For that reason, we will also be sharing ALL submissions on social media.
Ownership of videos
All videos submitted to Golden Hills International in the 2018 Golden Hills International’s Short-Video Contest become the property of Golden Hills School Division and Golden Hills International.